This latest Wasabi DX works the same as the Drive key were rather than connecting to the controller chip of the DVD drive, it runs directly off the DVD drives ribbon cable, this also means the Wasabi DX will work on the latest D3 drives as well as all other Wii drives.
The Wii Wasabi DX is flash upgradeable via DVD and also they have included a J-Tag connector as a failsafe backup if the chips ever need to be hardware upgraded because the DVD update was blocked for any reason. With that being said we don’t think the DVD update will ever be blocked, but it’s a really good thing to have the J-Tag connector there just in case, as the team could release a J-Tag programmer if DVD update was ever blocked and you would be able to program the chip using the programmer and a PC. The Wasabi DX Wii modchip will work on any console and any drive type anywhere in the world, there is no having to check your consoles serial numbers, or worry about if you have an epoxy D2E drive or not, they will simply plugin and work no matter when you bought your Wii. The Wasabi DX for Wii is truly a plug-and-play solution that will enhance the experience and possibilities for your console. You will be able to play games from outside the region of your console and also play legitimate backups of your original games, no longer will the kids be able to destroy those expensive disks.
- Plug and play solderless installation on ALL consoles (DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C2, D2E, epoxy D2E, and D2nothing/D3 drives)
- Build-in configuration menu (reset console then press 3 times to eject)
- Configurable Auto-boot option
- Configurable Wii Update Blocker to avoid bricking
- Works with SMG and SSBB and other problematic games
- Fully upgradable from DVD
- Configuration Disc
- 16Mbit (2MBytes) embedded Flash memory for firmware usage
- Hardware Flash recovery mode
- JTAG connector
- Excellent media compatibility (supports DL media)
- Wasabi DX Mod Chip
- Ribbon Cable for Wasabi DX